Heavenly warm, room temperature or cold. Serves 6.
- 1 ½ lb small, thin skinned potatoes
- 3.4 lbs cut green beans, fresh or frozen
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- ½ cup chopped Italian parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 Tablespoons dry oregano
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 Tablespoons white wine balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 12 minutes. If using frozen green beans, also add to boiling water with potatoes. If using fresh beans, add about 3 minutes before potatoes are done. Drain, cut potatoes in half and place in large bowl. Add the green onions and parsley.
Meanwhile, in a large measuring cup (or small bowl) combine the garlic, oregano, lemon juice, zest, and white vinegar; wisk in the olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour over the potatoes, etc. and toss to combine.